[Linux-cluster] lvextend : Error locking ... Volume group for uuid not found

FM dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Fri Aug 10 17:35:07 UTC 2007

Ut is not really a good friday for me :)

I am trying to extend le logical volume on cluster nodes :

lvextend -t -l +1279 /dev/SAN-group1/home
  Test mode: Metadata will NOT be updated.
  Extending logical volume home to 654.98 GB
  Error locking on node catanzaro.dmz.lexum.pri: Volume group for uuid
not found: Q8Wmg3qy2FFuCDUuIiI5zFyzVHKzvb53LJgndbQeYPeUzkiDcSxGmZ5a3IjLntOM
  Failed to suspend home

I do not understansd where this uuid comes from.
my vg uuid :

  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               SAN-group1
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        3
  Metadata Sequence No  5
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                1
  Open LV               1
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                3
  Act PV                3
  VG Size               654.98 GB
  PE Size               4.00 MB
  Total PE              167676
  Alloc PE / Size       166397 / 649.99 GB
  Free  PE / Size       1279 / 5.00 GB
  VG UUID               Q8Wmg3-qy2F-FuCD-UuIi-I5zF-yzVH-Kzvb53