[Linux-cluster] GFS Problem

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 14 08:01:46 UTC 2007

Hello Jos,

Jos Vos wrote:
> But the cluster services, including clvmd, have to be started before
> the GFS filesystems are used.  Better make it another service, that
> *only* has the GFS filesystems as resources, and that uses its own
> failover domain (one for each node), so that mounting the volumes are
> taken care of by the cluster services.
What you describe is exactly the setup I want, but wasn't able to
configure it yet. I was setting up a single gfs service including the
shared gfs resource of the mount point, but it starts only on one node
at once. Do I have to create one service for each node running on its
self failover domain? This sounds if it could work indeed. And do I need
additionally a lvm resource in that setup (I seem to remember that the
clvmd service was not chkconfig'ed "on" by default)?

Thanks for any help!

regards,
Sebastian