[Linux-cluster] NFS failover problem

kieran JOYEUX kjoyeux at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Aug 20 15:57:34 UTC 2007

First of all thanks a lot to Paul, Maciej and Lon! :)

Paul, I tried one Centos 5 as a client and didn't work. I also tried
with the udp & nfsvers=3 option without success :( Thanks anyway!

Maciej, I didn't know i could use DRBD with RHCS, thanks! I am pretty
sure it could resolve my issue. But i would like to try with the RedHat
tools before.

Lon, Thanks for your cluster.conf. I tried using the nfslock option on
my original configuration but it didn't work out.
If i understood the rest of your cluster.conf, it means using GFS which
is, i think, not possible for my needs. Let me clarify these, i have two
servers sharing via NFS, applications located on their local disks. The
share's content are static and read only. All i need is to provide the
share at any time with a tranparent failover for my clients. If i could
do that with GFS why not, is it possible?
Thanks once again :)

Kieran