[Linux-cluster] Configuring NFS Export Options

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 18:06:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 12:01:55PM -0400, Michael Patrimonio wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Where (or how) does a user enter the options available for the NFS export command in the system-config-cluster interface? I am trying to make file systems (and some of their sub-directories) of a NFS server highly available to users.

Which options are you looking for?  Some options are (usually)
inherited.

Your service structure should resemble:

  <service name="foo">
    <fs name="filesystem1" mountpoint="/mnt/tmp" ...>
      <nfsexports name="exports">
        <nfsclient name="client1" target="client1.mydomain.com"
		  options="rw,no_root_squash,..."/>
      </nfsexport>
    </fs>
  </service>

I *thought* the nfs client configuration dialog box allowed you to put
in name/target/options... is that not happening?

-- Lon