[Linux-cluster] Please correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Randy Brown Randy.Brown at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 20 19:26:08 UTC 2007

in order to configure a two-node high availability NFS failover cluster,
I need to use GFS, correct?

I am wanting to configure two machines in a cluster and use them as a
NAS head for an ISCSI based storage unit  providing NFS file systems to
the machines on our network.  I'd like to have the units configured so
if one fails, the other takes over and no interruption to the nfs mounts
(high-availability failover). Everything I'm reading indicates that GFS
would be required to do this, but would like confirmation.  In case I'm
just missing something.  Worst case, I guess I could just have our
second machine set up and ready to go as a warm spare.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Randy