[Linux-cluster] Please correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Aug 20 21:01:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 04:54:38PM -0400, Michael Patrimonio wrote:

> I don't know what to say about the information you're getting, but I
> just logged in to a Red Hat Network account to verify. The Cluster Suite
> offering was repackaged with RHEL5, and it now has three major components
> (on Disk 6 of the ISO downloads). They are; Cluster, Cluster Storage
> (which includes GFS and lvm2-cluster) and Virtualization.

Virtualization has not relation with the cluster suite, it can even be
bought in combination with a Desktop.

RHEL4's RHCS is now in called "Cluster" and RHEL4's RHGFS is now
"Cluster Storage".  Not much have changed w.r.t. the subscriptions,
I think the situation might vary per country, but Cluster Storage
in indeed much more expensive than the Cluster component.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>