[Linux-cluster] NFS failover problem

kieran JOYEUX kjoyeux at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Aug 21 14:45:49 UTC 2007

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> I think, if you're _that_ low on budget, moving the whole scenario to a
> vmware server setup is a good idea.
> Marc's  http://www.open-sharedroot.org/  Website contains some
> information about how to do this (although for a shared root cluster).
>
> Are you preparing this for production?
>

> cheers,
> Rainer

Thanks Rainer, i'll take a loot at it.

Indeed i'm preparing it for production. We have pretty simple needs here
that not require a huge architecture. It's only a high available NFS
share providing read only applications. We do not require high capacity
disks nor powerful servers.

you guys are telling me that RHCS are not able to work properly on this
kind of architecture, it's pretty sad... I'll have to use heartbeat and
DRBD instead. This solution is up & running really quickly. Plus, i have
no NFS file handle error during the copy thanks to DRBD.

Am i the only one using RHCS that way? :)