[Linux-cluster] deploying two node cluster with rhel5

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:42:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:14:43AM +0200, carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I am really confused about how to install two node cluster with rhel5.
>
>  My questions:
>
>  - Is essential to setup a quorum disk or not?

No

1

>  - Do I need to put two_nodes param under cluster.conf like in rhel4?

Yes

>  - What params do I need or do I need to know to put under cluster.conf?

* <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1" .../>
* 1 vote per cluster node
* Requisite fence device configuration

... I think that's about it.  There's Bob Peterson's GFS/NFS cookbook
which is probably very useful:

  http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf

There's also Red Hat's docs (available on the web) and the faq:

  http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html