[Linux-cluster] Node fencing problem

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:48:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 04:49:04PM +0200, Borgström Jonas wrote:
> Yes, both "fence_drac ..." and "fence_node test-db1.example.com" works.
>
> The strange thing is that during the test I described earlier it looks like the cluster didn't even try to fence the failed node. /var/log/messages didn't mentioning anything about trying to fence any node. And neither did "group_tool dump fence".
>
> And even if something would be wrong with the fence_drac configuration wouldn't fence_manual kick in instead?

Yes.  Also, it looks like fencing did not "quietly" complete - since
rgmanager never recovered (failed-over) the service from the dead node.

If a node dies unexpectedly, rgmanager waits until cman has finished
fencing that node before initiating a failover.  That's why it was
still reported as 'started' on the dead node in the clustat output.

-- Lon