[Linux-cluster] people having trouble with the default multicast address 239.192.x.x

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 16:17:11 UTC 2007

If you are having problems with the default multicast address
239.192.x.x it is probably because your switch is not sending those
packets because of a configuration issue.

If you have this problem please contact me.  I would like to make a
cookbook of switch manufacturer/models and possible solutions.

Using 224.0.0.x is not recommended as these multicast packets are
broadcoast over the network.

Regards
-steve