[Linux-cluster] File system checking

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 14:40:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 14:57 -0800, Scott Becker wrote:
> Does anybody know the best way to check that a filesystem is healthy?
>
> I'm working on a light selfcheck script (to be ran once a minute) and
> creating a file and checking it's existence may not work because of
> write caching.

> If there's an existing source module or a script somebody is aware of
> that would be great.

The fs.sh script checks if the file system is mounted (in the right
place), and occasionally does a simple write test (if the fs wasn't
mounted ro as per the resource options).  The write test is expected to
fail if the file system was remounted read only by the kernel.

The fs.sh script is a bit ugly, but it works.  Could be useful to start
from there.

-- Lon