[Linux-cluster] Re: fence_xvmd doesn't starts under rhel5.1

Johannes Russek johannes.russek at io-consulting.net
Mon Dec 3 23:47:05 UTC 2007

Lon Hohberger schrieb:
> For now, just put fence_xvmd in /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> File a bug against cman and assign it to me.  It fell off my radar.  It
> looks like basically, we should -
>
> * start fence_xvmd if enabled in the config (don't do the xm list check)
>
> * fence_xvmd should wait (maybe for some timeout - 5 minutes?  10
> minutes?) for xend to come up, and die if it doesn't start (so as to not
> keep running for no reason).

why would it need a timeout to die? apparently, if someone put that into
his cluster config it should be running wether xend comes up or not,
maybe throw a warning. what if xend doesn't come up for a reason but a
manual fix corrected that and then comes up but after fence_xvmds
timeout. you'd have to either manually start fence_xvmd or restart cman,
wouldn't you?
i think if it's configured it should just start. it would be smart to
have it warn about missing xend every so minutes or sthg like that,
though :)
regards,
johannes
p.s.: i'll do the rc.local thing, thanks