[Linux-cluster] Best practices to setup mysql cluster under rhel4 cluster suite

Alex Kompel barbos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:14:30 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 7:59 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:

>  humm ... I don't know it, but I need to test it using mysql ha or rhel4
> cs ...
> My preference is to use rhel4 cluster suite

The cornerstone of a reliable database failover cluster is reliable shared
storage. Once you get shared storage online then building HA cluster using
RHEL CS is fairly straightforward. I suggest you invest into good redundant
external storage array. If this is not an option then you will probably be
better of using MySQL replication and manually failover to the slave if the
master fails. MySQL has internal clustering support in the latest version
but it is fairly new  and has number of limitations.