[Linux-cluster] RE: CS5 can't stop service cman

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Wed Dec 12 07:43:12 UTC 2007

This problem is related to the cman kernel module. The module has services
connected to it, and therefore will not unload from memory.
You can stop cman manually by:
cman_tool leave force
Or
cman_tool leave force remove
There is also a force flag on the cman start stop script.

However this does not solve the problem of the cman kernel module!
Hi

Thanks Damjan, but I don't think so : what you write is true with CS U4
but no more with CS5 because cman seems to no more be a kernel module but
in user space now.

So ... ?

Thanks
Regards
Alain Moullé

Thanks,
Damjan Stulic
IS Security Identity Management
Edward Jones
 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments),
or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete
it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward
Jones, please send this request to messages at edwardjones.com.  You must include
the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.  For
important additional information related to this e-mail, visit
www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure