[Linux-cluster] with gfs2, permission denied on first attempt to run an executable

Ken Roser fedora at resork.sent.com
Wed Dec 12 18:09:50 UTC 2007

I'm running a two cluster system with both nodes RHEL 5.1.  I have
shared gfs2 filesystems on a SAN storage device.

Everything seems to work except for the first time I attempt to run an
executable on one of the gfs2 filesystems.  The first time I get
"permission denied", but all subsequent attempts work as expected.  If I
unmount and mount the filesystem, again the "permission denied" problem
returns just for the first time I try to execute the file.

I'm using lock_dlm with 4 journals.  Is there anything I can
check/change to diagnose this problem.  I see no message in
/var/log/messages corresponding to the "permission denied" problem.