[Linux-cluster] re:GFS Cookbook

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:16:27 UTC 2007

Greetings,

apologies for reposting this I had posted this question from my yahoo
account. Now I am a subscriber of this list

This is an adjunct question to Koustubha Kale's discussion.

I am sysadmin of the cluster Koustubha Kale had built.

My question is:

When the node gets fenced, it is rebooted using fencing device. essentially
let us consider that as power cycling the fenced node. Now this
configuration has local boot disks with OS and apps loaded and shared
storage for user home directories.

What should be done to ensure that the local storage FS is not corrupted?
should a "touch /forcefsck" be done on the fenced node's local storage
before it is sent on a reboot?

Perhaps I have not understood the fencing enough

Regards

Rajagopal