[Linux-cluster] Adding new file system caused problems

Mikko Partio mpartio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:07:38 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 7:05 PM, jr <johannes.russek at io-consulting.net> wrote:

> > This morning I created a 100GB volume on our storage unit and
> > proceeded to make it available to the cluster so it could be served
> > via NFS to a client on our network.  I used pvcreate and vgcreate as I
> > always do and created a new volume group.  When I went to create the
> > logical volume I saw this message:
> > Error locking on node nfs1-cluster.nws.noaa.gov: Volume group for uuid
> > not found:
> > 9crOQoM3V0fcuZ1E2163k9vdRLK7njfvnIIMTLPGreuvGmdB1aqx6KR4t7mmDRDs

I can confirm this issue with Centos 5.1. When a new volume is added to the
system, I can not create a lv. Not even clvmd -R helps, in order to create
the logical volume I must reboot both servers in my two-node setup. It's
insane that in order to add a volume I must reboot the whole cluster!

Regards

Mikko