[Linux-cluster] clvmd do not start properly

Jorge Gonzalez jorge.gonzalez at degesys.com
Tue Dec 18 17:25:45 UTC 2007

Hi all!!!

I have two node cluster. When I do an ifdown ETH0 then fencing starts to
work and the machine is rebooted by DRAC. When the node restarts then
tries to get up clvmd and 'hangs' for a while. Then prints "clvmd
startup timed out" and of course VGs are not active.

I change fallback_to_clustered_locking in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf from 1 to 0
and now it works but I don't know if is correct.

When fallback_to_clustered_locking should be 0 or 1? Why works now?

thanks in advance

regards