[Linux-cluster] GFS2 on FC6

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 08:50:12 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Kenji Wakamiya <wkenji at labs.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Brandon Lamb wrote:
> > Correct me if I am wrong redhat, but it was my understanding that
> > development has moved to gfs2 and that in order to use a stable GFS v1
> > setup one would have to run older software with old kernels in order
> > to get it working?
>
> I think so, too.  If I need to use truly stable GFS, I probably should
> select RHEL4/CentOS4 and released version of GFS.  In that sense, the
> stability level which I need now may be a little bit lower. :)
>
> I have no reluctance to select CentOS, but currently I use FC5 and
> GFS1 (release 1.03.00).  Updates for FC5 will soon stop, and I heard
> FC6 includes GFS(2) in it's kernel and packages.  So, I just tried to
> use that GFS2 on FC6, but unfortunately it doesn't has enough
> stability in my environment.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenji

This might be bad netiquette to post on the GFS mailing list, but you
might look at oracle's OCFS2. I was able to get it up and running in a
single day, its in the latest 2.6.20 kernel and then you just need to
download the 1.2.2 tools from their website.

It was much easier to get up and running. For that matter I was never
able to get GFS working or compile after 6 days. I have yet to try
since stable was updated.

Just another option to look at.