[Linux-cluster] GFS1: node get withdrawn intermittent

Sridharan Ramaswamy (srramasw) srramasw at cisco.com
Thu Feb 8 19:29:46 UTC 2007

I ran a gfs_fsck after the problem occurred. It seems to have "fixed"
inodes, bitmaps and rg blocks. I umounted / re-mounted to bring the
filesystem back online. I haven't been able to check the integrity of
the existings files in the file or the ones being created.

$ gfs_fsck /dev/hda12
Initializing fsck
Clearing journals (this may take a while)..
Journals cleared.
Starting pass1
Found unused inode marked in-use
Clear unused inode at block 32972? (y/n) y
Pass1 complete
Starting pass1b
Starting pass5
Converting 106 unused metadata blocks to free data blocks...
ondisk and fsck bitmaps differ at block 32972
Fix bitmap for block 32972? (y/n) y
Succeeded.
RG #9 free count inconsistent: is 177 should be 283
RG #9 used inode count inconsistent: is 3563 should be 3562
RG #9 free meta count inconsistent: is 201 should be 96
Update resource group counts? (y/n) y
Resource group counts updated
Converting 68 unused metadata blocks to free data blocks...
Converting 72 unused metadata blocks to free data blocks...
Pass5 complete
Writing changes to disk
$

Thanks,