[Linux-cluster] Can't see all volumes

Jay Leafey jleafey at utmem.edu
Thu Feb 15 17:34:37 UTC 2007

You might want to change the number of LUNs visible to the SCSI adapter.
  We've got a Fibre-based SAN and we use a lot more than two LUNs.  You
can alter the number of LUNs the SCSI subsystem sees by adding the
following to your /etc/modprobe.conf file:

options scsi_mod max_luns=255

This will tell the SCSI subsystem to allow for up to 255 LUNs for each
SCSI device.

Since we boot off of local storage I'm not sure how you would handle
this on boot, but I imagine it can be passed as a boot-time kernel
option for the initial install.

Just a thought!
--
Jay Leafey - University of Tennessee