[Linux-cluster] gfs1 and 2.6.20

Asbjørn Sannes ace at sannes.org
Sat Feb 17 11:31:48 UTC 2007

I have been trying to use the STABLE branch of the cluster suite with
vanilla 2.6.20 kernel, and everything seemed at first to work, my
problem can be reproduced by this:

mount a gfs filesystem anywhere..
do a sync, this sync will now just hang there ..

If I unmount the filesystem in another terminal, the sync command will
end..

.. dumping the kernel stack of sync shows that it is in __sync_inodes on
__down_read, looking in the code it seems that is waiting for the
s_umount semaphore (in the superblock)..

Just tell me if you need any more information or if this is not the
correct place for this..

Greetings,
Asbjørn Sannes