[Linux-cluster] node fails to join cluster after it was fenced

Frederik Ferner frederik.ferner at diamond.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 11:10:51 UTC 2007

Hi Patrick, All,

let me give you an update on that problem.

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 11:36 +0000, Frederik Ferner wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 09:07 +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
[node not joining cluster]
> > It would be interesting to know - though you may not want to do it - if the
> > problem persists when the still-running node is rebooted.
>
> Obviously not at the moment, but I have a maintenance window upcoming
> soon where I might be able to do that. I'll keep you informed about the
> result.

Today I had the possibility to reboot the node that was still quorate
(i04-storage1) while the other node (i04-storage2) was still trying to
join.
When i04-storage1 came to the stage where the cluster services are
started, both nodes joined the cluster at the same time.

With this running cluster, I tried to reproduce the problem by fencing
one node but after rebooting this immediately joined the cluster.

Regards,
Frederik

--
Frederik Ferner
Systems Administrator                  Phone: +44 (0)1235-778624