[Linux-cluster] node fails to join cluster after it was fenced

Frederik Ferner frederik.ferner at diamond.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 12:07:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 11:26 +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Frederik Ferner wrote:
> > Hi Patrick, All,
> >
> > let me give you an update on that problem.
> >
> > On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 11:36 +0000, Frederik Ferner wrote:
> >> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 09:07 +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> > [node not joining cluster]
> >> Obviously not at the moment, but I have a maintenance window upcoming
> >> soon where I might be able to do that. I'll keep you informed about the
> >> result.
> >
> > Today I had the possibility to reboot the node that was still quorate
> > (i04-storage1) while the other node (i04-storage2) was still trying to
> > join.
> > When i04-storage1 came to the stage where the cluster services are
> > started, both nodes joined the cluster at the same time.
> >
> > With this running cluster, I tried to reproduce the problem by fencing
> > one node but after rebooting this immediately joined the cluster.
>
> Interesting. it sounds similar to a cman bug that was introduced in U3, but it
> was fixed in U4 - which you said you were running.

Let's verify that then. I have the following RHCS related packages
installed:
ccs-1.0.7-0
rgmanager-1.9.54-1
cman-1.0.11-0
fence-1.32.25-1
cman-kernel-smp-2.6.9-45.8
dlm-kernel-smp-2.6.9-44.3
dlm-1.0.1-1

/etc/redhat-release contains:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

Thanks,
Frederik

--
Frederik Ferner
Systems Administrator                  Phone: +44 (0)1235-778624