[Linux-cluster] lm_dlm_cancel

BERES Laszlo beres.laszlo at sys-admin.hu
Thu Feb 22 13:54:05 UTC 2007

Hi all,

we had an interesting situation last night. One of our clients called us
that their whole GFS (with 5 nodes) is stopped somehow. More exactly the
GFS-based services couldn't write onto the partitions, but the root
could touch files, make dirs there. Four of the five nodes were
rebooted, but nothing happened until the last one was shooted down, at
this time everything worked normally again.

That's all what we found on the fifth node :

Feb 21 14:00:11 logserver kernel: lock_dlm: lm_dlm_cancel 2,18 flags 80
Feb 21 14:00:11 logserver kernel: lock_dlm: lm_dlm_cancel rv 0 2,18
flags 40080
Feb 21 14:00:11 logserver kernel: dlm: gfs1: cancel reply ret -22

Feb 21 14:00:11 logserver kernel: lock_dlm: ast sb_status -22 2,18 flags
40000

If you have any idea about this, please give us a hint.

--
BÉRES László	 RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer