[Linux-cluster] Passing SCSI options at installer

Roger Peña orkcu at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 15:58:50 UTC 2007

--- "isplist at logicore.net" <isplist at logicore.net>
wrote:

> Ok, that's what I guessed :). I didn't mean that I
> didn't know where to put it
> but that I was not able to find a method by which to
> tell anaconda about the
> options.
that is the place to give option to the kernel at boot
time, just as it is with lilo or grub
I do not know why it is not working if it works with
modules.conf.

> > so, it doesn't work ? ;-(
> > how do you know that that options works at all?
>
> Because adding that exact line in /etc/modprobe.conf
> does the trick, all
> volumes show up. Problem is, I need to install on
> those volumes so need to see
> them before the OS is actually installed.

did you try to unload an then load the module with
that options at instalation time? in the console F2 I
mean

> Maybe there is some way of creating my own install
> which already has that
> information included so that anaconda automatically
> sees it?
you can do that of course, but because it is just an
option and not a module, you only need to modify the
options in the "lilo.conf" of the instaler.

cu
roger