[Linux-cluster] data and machine dependent NFS GFS file xfer problem

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 14:29:45 UTC 2007

Keith Lewis wrote:
> 	Thanks to all who replied.
>
> 	Yes it was hardware.
>
> 	No it had nothing to do with GFS.
>
> 	Yes I'm an idiot.
>
> 	No I don't always use passive voice...

Hi Keith,

Thanks for letting us know how this turned out.  No, you're not
an idiot; your questions were perfectly valid.  Every time someone
talks about GFS corruption, I start worrying that there might be some
nasty bug hiding in the shadows; I'm glad to hear that's not the case.
If there are problems, we definitely want to hear about them:
I'd rather hear customer complaints than have frustrated customers
working around problems we never hear about.

As for passive voice: I guess I'm just a little bit anal when it comes
to English, so I was just poking fun.  :)  Ask our documentation guys
who write the manuals (like Paul Kennedy) about me; I'm sure they'll
tell you I'm a real pain in the you-know-what.  :)

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite