[Linux-cluster] How to turn off the cluster attribute of a local volume

Frazier, Darrell USA CRC (Contractor) Darrell.Frazier at crc.army.mil
Fri Jan 5 16:13:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have an issue I havent yet been able to find an answer to. I created a
local volume on a cluster node to give it more swap space using command-line
tools (pvcreate, vgcreate, lvcreate). Unbeknownst to me, at the time I
created the volume, the clvmd subsystem was dead but locked.

Anyway, now the system I have created the filesystem on thinks that the
partition created is a clustered partition. I found this out using the vgs
command I found in the cluster FAQ (you da man Bob Peterson)

 VG       #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize   VFree
  homevg     1   1   0 wz--n-   3.12G   1.12G
  optvg      1   1   0 wz--n-   7.84G   2.84G
  rootvg     1   1   0 wz--n-   3.12G   1.12G
  swapvg00   1   1   0 wz--n-   3.12G   1.12G
  swapvg01   1   1   0 wz--nc   9.32G 324.00M
  tmpvg      1   1   0 wz--n-   4.72G   1.69G
  u01vg      1   1   0 wz--n-  33.00G  12.00G
  u02vg      1   1   0 wz--nc 399.61G      0
  usrvg      1   1   0 wz--n-   6.28G   2.28G
  varvg      1   1   0 wz--n-   6.28G   2.28G

Though I would love to know how this happened. It is more important to me
right now to know how to disable the clustering attribute on this partition.
Thanx much in advance.

Darrell J. Frazier
Unix System Administrator
US Army Combat Readiness Center

CAUTION: This electronic transmission may contain information protected by
deliberative process or other privilege, which is protected from disclosure
under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552. The information is
intended for the use of the individual or agency to which it was sent. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Do
not release outside of DoD channels without prior authorization from the
sender. The sender provides no assurance as to the integrity of the content
of this electronic transmission after it has been sent and received by the
intended email recipient.