[Linux-cluster] Remove the clusterness from GFS

Lin Shen (lshen) lshen at cisco.com
Mon Jan 8 18:39:07 UTC 2007

All we need is a cluster file system to aggregate local disks attached
to different nodes into a shared storage pool. GFS+GNBD fits in our
requirement nicely except the cluster suite that comes with it. We
really don't need/want to turn our system into a cluster by using GFS
since we're not very clear about what are the side effects that would
bring in. Would it slow down the system more, take up more memory and
affect the system bootup and shutdown sequencies etc? How easy is it to
remove some or all of the clusterness from GFS such as fencing, cman and
ccsd stuff? I understand that things like dlm must stay for GFS to work.

Thanks
lin