[Linux-cluster] General 2-node cluster questions

Brad Filipek bfilipek at crscold.com
Tue Jan 9 23:11:19 UTC 2007

I am in the process of setting up a 2-node cluster with a SAN for data
storage. I have a few general questions as this is my first time using
RHEL CS.

I have two boxes with RHEL4U4 and one application. Should the app be
installed locally on both nodes, and have the data on the SAN? Or should
the app and the data both be on the SAN? This will be an active/passive
config.

Also, does the app and data both need to sit on a GFS?

Thank you,

Brad Filipek

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply or by telephone and immediately delete this message and any attachments.