[Linux-cluster] General 2-node cluster questions

Brad Filipek bfilipek at crscold.com
Wed Jan 10 15:24:51 UTC 2007

Hi Riaan and Lon,

Thanks for your replies. The App we use is called PRO5 and uses SSH to
run. The users SSH into the RHEL4 box, and their .bash_profile fires up
the PRO5 app which is located at /basis/pro5/pro5. Their .bash_profile
files look like this:

============================
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH
unset USERNAME
umask 0000
TERM=vt220;export TERM
TERMCAP=/basis/pro5/termcap;export TERMCAP
cd /basis/pro5
./pro5 -tT001 /live/cf.src/PGMSYS9999
exit

Since I will be using an active/passive config in this scenario, would I
be able to install both PRO5 and it's data on an ext3 partition located
on the SAN? Would I even need to have a GFS partition at all? Obviously
SSH would run locally on each node.

Thanks again,

Brad Filipek