[Linux-cluster] RH Cluster doesn't pass basic acceptance tests - bug in fenced?

Jayson Vantuyl jvantuyl at engineyard.com
Wed Jan 10 21:22:35 UTC 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 1:47 PM, Miroslav Zubcic wrote:
> How can I prevent this? This looks like a bug. I don't want fenced to
> fence other node south if it already "knows" that it is the one
> without link.
It is very possible to write a wrapper script for your fencing agent
that simply checks the link and refuses to fence when the link is
down.  However, this wouldn't really be good in any non-network
related fencing situation.

The recommendation to use a qdiskd would be a good one and you could
even use a link detection script as an arbitrary heuristic in this case.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect
jvantuyl at engineyard.com