[Linux-cluster] A question about QUORUM DISK

Jayson Vantuyl jvantuyl at engineyard.com
Fri Jan 12 11:22:02 UTC 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 3:54 AM, Fedele Stabile wrote:

> I'm just working with quorum, so i have this questions for all:
>
> 1) Is it possible/suggested create a quorum disk using a gfs
> filesystem?
I'm not sure what you mean here.  Quorum disks have their own disk
format.  It isn't strictly a filesystem since it's not mounted and it
generally is created on a block device (like a disk) not a file (i.e.
on a gfs filesystem).  The mkqdisk command is used to do this.

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man5/qdisk.5.html
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/mkqdisk.8.html

> 2) Can i shrink my gfs on SAN storage and then create a partition
> for my quorum disk?
GFS doesn't have the capability to shrink.

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#gfs_shrink

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect