[Linux-cluster] Can't leave cluster

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 17:27:25 UTC 2007

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> That was indeed what it was. Here is my final shutdown script;
>
> service httpd stop
> umount /var/www
> vgchange -aln
> service clvmd stop
> fence_tool leave
> service fenced stop
> service rgmanager stop
> cman_tool leave
> killall ccsd
>
> Two questions;
>
> 1: I probably don't need the last line in there correct?
>
> 2: Can I create a new service so that I can run this script to shut things
> down cleanly when I want to reboot the node? If so, what is the process?
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

1. I recommend "service ccsd stop" rather than killall ccsd.
2. In theory, this script should not be necessary on a RHEL, Fedora Core
or centos box
    if you have your service scripts set up and chkconfig'ed on.  When
you do
    /sbin/reboot, the service scripts are supposed to run in the correct
order
    and take care of all this for you. Shudown should take you to
runlevel 6,
    which should run the shutdown scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc6.d in the Kxx
order.
    The httpd script should stop that service, then the
    the gfs script should take care of unmounting the gfs file systems
at "stop".
    The clvmd script should take care of deactivating the vgs.  And the
Kxx numbers
    should be set properly at install time to ensure the proper order.
    If there's a problem shutting down with the normal scripts, perhaps
we need to
    file a bug and get the scripts changed.

Regards,

Bob Peterson