[Linux-cluster] CLuster Suite

Jim Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 17:26:33 UTC 2007

Michael Schulz wrote:

>Hi together,
>
>I try to setup the Cluster suite 4.4: In the moment there are the following questions open:
>
>   - is it possible to configure a separate connection (serial) for the
>     heartbeat?
>
>   - cluster without a fence device is possible but not recomended or
>     supported?

Bad idea. Bad, bad, bad. :) That is, if you are actually going to do
real work with the cluster.  You c an search the list archives for
'without a fence' and get plenty of information.  Also, I think you will
find this faq helpful. There is a section on fencing.

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html

>   - when i start the cluster config tool I get every time the following
>     message "Because this node is no currently part of a Cluster ..." but
>     I have already configured the cluster on the first (this) node.

Is the node you are running the config tool on, actually a member of the
cluster? Is it 'joined'?

-j