[Linux-cluster] Can't get past Segmentation Faults

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Mon Jan 22 17:28:55 UTC 2007

Here's something;

# service clvmd start
Starting clvmd:                                            [  OK  ]
/etc/init.d/clvmd: line 25:  8667 Segmentation fault      $VGSCAN >/dev/null
2>&1
Activating VGs:                                            [  OK  ]

The log shows;

Jan 22 11:22:44 cweb92 clvmd: Cluster LVM daemon started - connected to CMAN
Jan 22 11:22:44 cweb92 lvm[8635]: locking_type not set correctly in lvm.conf,
cluster operations will not work.
Jan 22 11:22:44 cweb92 clvmd: clvmd startup succeeded
Jan 22 11:22:45 cweb92 clvmd: Activating VGs: succeeded

I just noticed this in my lvm.conf;

    # Type of locking to use. Defaults to file-based locking (1).
    # Turn locking off by setting to 0 (dangerous: risks metadata corruption
    # if LVM2 commands get run concurrently).
    locking_type = 1

    # Local non-LV directory that holds file-based locks while commands are
    # in progress.  A directory like /tmp that may get wiped on reboot is OK.
    locking_dir = "/var/lock/lvm"

It used to be;

locking_type = 2
locking_library = "/usr/lib/liblvm2clusterlock.so"

What is confusing is that I did not change this nor did I upgrade anything and
it happened after this hardware crash? What in the world does it all mean?

Mike