[Linux-cluster] Basic two node cman configuration

Pena, Francisco Javier francisco_javier.pena at roche.com
Tue Jan 23 07:35:12 UTC 2007

>I'm trying to understand the basics of ccs/cman layer for a two-node configuration. I understand, from the docs, this is a special condition that need cman
>started with  two_node="1" and expected_votes="1". But I still have problem starting cman. It complains the votes = -1 and fails to start.
>
>Jan 22 12:35:50 cfs1 cman: cman_tool: the two-node option requires exactly two nodes with one vote each and expected votes of 1 (votes=-1) failed
>
>But if remove two_node setting from <cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1"> to <cman> it actually starts fine!! Not sure where it is getting votes = -1.
>
>Is this some silly mistake on my part or a known issue?
>
>TIA,
>Sridharan
>
>[...cluster configuration...]

Hello Sridharan,

Have you tried specifying a number of votes for each cluster node? Instead of:

<clusternode name="cfs1">

Write something like this:

<clusternode name="cfs1" votes="1">

Maybe CMAN is assigning -1 as the number of votes for the node if no number of votes is specified.

Regards,

Javier Peña