[Linux-cluster] Re: gfs problem on FC6

Ashish Varman ashish at prologixsoft.com
Tue Jan 23 10:22:37 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot Bob

gfs2 turned out to be the culprit.  I had assumed that since I was
installing gfs from source, I wouldn't need gfs2-utils rpm.  As a
result, /sbin/mount.gfs became a broken symlink to /sbin/mount.gfs2.
Installing gfs2-utils solved the problem.

What I am surprised at is that theere was no indication of a missing
executable in either the error messages or /var/log/messages.  Also the
lines

>> can't mount journal #4294967295
>> Jan 20 18:45:45 clnode31 kernel: GFS: fsid=alpha:third.4294967295:
>> there are only 8 journals (0 - 7)

led me to believe that the filesystem had somehow got corrupted.

I have a few more questions that I am posting in a different message

Yours Sincerely
Ashish Varman