[Linux-cluster] Diskless Shared-Root GFS/Cluster

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Jan 30 16:50:24 UTC 2007

I saw a few posts from some working on this. Has anyone gotten this to work
properly? My nodes simply do not need their hard drives, it's a waste of power
and hardware since I have plenty of central storage. I would like to remove
drives from nodes and boot the cluster diskless.

I've seen the open shared-root project and such but those seem to be about
building the entire cluster. Since I have the cluster going, I'm looking for
information on how I can convert my nodes to diskless.

Mike