[Linux-cluster] gfs mount

Shailesh shailesh at verismonetworks.com
Wed Jan 31 11:25:44 UTC 2007

Hi,
    how many mounts can I make of a gfs filesystem ?

 I have two nodes in my cluster,each node has a volume created on their
respective hard-disks and are exported to each other using GNBD.

The problem I an facing is ,after 2 mounts of the file-system I am not
able to mount any further.  I get File Exists error.

here is what I am doing

< @ Node 1 >

 gfs_mkfs -p lock_dlm -t alpha:0 -j 2 /dev/node1/export1
 mount -t gfs /dev/v1/export1 /mnt/node1/exp1

< @ Node 2 >

gfs_mkfs -p lock_dlm -t alpha:0 -j 2 /dev/node2/export2
mount -t gfs /dev/node2/export2 /mnt/node2/exp2

Now at 'Node 1'  I try to mount the gnbd device exported by 'Node 2'

< @ Node 1 >

gfs_mkfs -p lock_dlm -t alpha:0 -j 2 /dev/gnbd/export2

mount -t gfs /dev/node2/export2 /mnt/node1/v2

"mount : File Exists"

I am using gfs 6.1.0 version and a two node cluster on kernel 2.6.9-42.

However I dont get any error in mounting if two separate file lock table
were used while formatting like "alpha:0" and "alpha:1" for each node's
volume.

Can you figure out why this is happening?

Thanks & Regards
Shailesh