[Linux-cluster] gfs mount

Jay Leafey jleafey at utmem.edu
Wed Jan 31 15:20:03 UTC 2007

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:

> Shailesh wrote:
>> However I dont get any error in mounting if two separate file lock table
>> were used while formatting like "alpha:0" and "alpha:1" for each node's
>> volume.
>>
>> Can you figure out why this is happening?
>
> Each GFS filesystem needs its own locktable - giving them names like
> "alpha:0" and "alpha:1" is the right thing to do here.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bryn.

In addition, each of the file systems was built with only two journals.
  You need to have a journal for each node mounting the file system.
Just change "-j 2" to "-j n" in the gfs_mkfs command, where n is the
number of nodes in the cluster.  Journals are not too big (default is
128 MB each, but you can reduce them down to 32 MB) so it might not hurt
to have a few more than absolutely required.  See the gfs_mkfs manpage
for more information.

Just my $.02!
--
Jay Leafey - University of Tennessee