[Linux-cluster] GFS slower than NFS ???

Rafael Ferreira rafael.ferreira at apollogrp.edu
Tue Jul 10 15:39:57 UTC 2007

I would stay away from blanket terms like GFS being slower than NFS or
vice versa. Undoubtedly, stat calls "should" perform better on NFS with
attribute caching enabled, but I would first go down the route out
insure that the iSCSI is pumping out as much io as it should before
getting too carried away on blaming GFS.

Actually, more info on the setup would make it easier for us to make an
educated guess on what could be causing the problem, for instance, what
do you mean by "StorageWorks via 2GB Fiber - iSCSI" is that iscsi over a
fibre Ethernet device? That alone would be an odd setup.

- raf