AW: [Linux-cluster] Redhat cluster and GFS node limit

Schaefer Christian Christian.Schaefer2 at messe-muenchen.de
Wed Jul 11 12:31:36 UTC 2007

Dear Hal,

this limitation means, that you can only run up to 16 rgmanagers in one cluster infrastructure. rgmanager thereby is only needed if you build HA services like a active/passive MySQL cluster services. If you like to build a 100 node webserver farm with external loadbalancing/failover - such as LVS and/or keepalived - no rgmanager is needed to be run on that cluster.

In this case you can set up a 100 node cluster with shared gfs devices as you like. I too recommend you to have a look at http://open-sharedroot.org/documentation. The concept demonstarted on that page is do build a n node cluster from one filesystem single image which keeps administration simple.

Greetings,
Christian

Best Regards,

Christian Schäfer