[Linux-cluster] doubts in Piranha

Tomas Hoger tomas.hoger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:10:14 UTC 2007

Hi!

On 7/11/07, mehmet celik <bsd_daemon at msn.com> wrote:
> hi, firstly, the piranha is not supporting lvs/dr or lvs/tun right now. may
> in future..
>
> the following paragraph is from
> http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/howto/piranha/
>
> "Currently, the LVS cluster supports one routing method,
> Network Address Translation (NAT). (In the future, tunneling
> and direct routing will be added.)"

I'm not sure why referenced document says that piranha does not
support DR, maybe it's out of date or maybe quoted part was supposed
to have different meaning in proper context.  It is possible to use DR
and official Red Hat documentation provides some instructions on how
to do it.  See:

RHEL5:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Virtual_Server_Administration/index.html

RHEL4:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/4.5/SAC_Virtual_Server_Administration/index.html

> secondly, your configuration is wrong.
>
> LVS eth0 -> 10.1.40.45
>       eth0:0 -> 10.1.40.40
> LVS eth1 -> 11.1.40.45
>       eth1:0 -> 11.1.40.40
>
> RS eth0 -> 10.1.40.34

First of all, you should use *different* networks on each interface of
load balancer with LVS-NAT.  I think there are some instructions in
LVS howto about single network configurations, but two networks are
usually recommended.  And of course your load balancer must be set as
default GW on real servers.

Try checking Red Hat documents referenced above or check howtos on LVS
site (e.g. mini-HOWTO) for information about typical topologies.

th.