[Linux-cluster] GFS locks wnen a node fails

Hal hal_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 08:39:13 UTC 2007

Hallo everybody,
I have a test cluster of 4 machines. node0 - gnbd server and gnbd fence server
and 3 nodes to mount gfs. The problem is that when I unplug one of the nodes,
gfs locks and no one can access it until the node is reconnected.

How can this lock be avoided if one node fails?
How can I tell that gnbd-fencing is working at all?

"gnbd_import -c node0" says nothing even if I do "fence_node node2" I assume
fencing is not working am I right?

Regards
Hal