[Linux-cluster] lvremove error

Mahmoud Hanafi mhanafi at csc.com
Sat Jul 28 20:04:03 UTC 2007

I am trying to remove a lv via cmd line but I get the following error.

[root at nfs1 /]# lvremove /dev/gfs_vg/gfs_st2_sz512
Do you really want to remove active logical volume "gfs_st2_sz512"? [y/n]:
  Error locking on node nfs1.local: Volume is busy on another node
  Can't get exclusive access to volume "gfs_st2_sz512"

But I can remove lv via the GUI (luci).

What am I doing wrong on the cmd line.

Thanks,
Mahmoud

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.