[Linux-cluster] lvremove error

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 14:47:34 UTC 2007

Hmmm, yes.  I think this is a bug in the way the CLI handles cluster
volumes vs. single machine volumes.

On a single machine, if the volume is not in-use (active but not
mounted), an lvremove will deactivate and remove it.

In a cluster, the lvremove seems to skip the deactivate portion of
that, forcing you to do:
$> lvchange -an ...
$> lvremove ...
to get similar effect.

The GUI seems to be hiding this "bug" from the end-user.

  brassow