[Linux-cluster] LVS redundancy server and network type: DIRECT

FM dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Tue Jul 31 20:28:31 UTC 2007

Tx for the reply,
I re read the doc and my  question remains :-)
ex :
from the RH documentation :
Create the ARP table entries for each virtual IP address on each real
server (the real_ip is the IP the director uses to communicate with the
real server; often this is the IP bound to eth0):
arptables -A IN -d <virtual_ip> -j DROP
arptables -A OUT -d <virtual_ip> -j mangle --mangle-ip-s <real_ip>

If I create a redundancy server, and if the master server goes down, the
backup server will create all the <virtual_ip> but not the <real_ip> so
all the real servers still have the arptables setting to modify the
source of the IP packet to look likes the master LVS server that is down
now.