[Linux-cluster] Active/passive binary files

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Fri Jun 1 05:38:31 UTC 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 21:56:55 Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 08:22:33AM -0600, Rodolfo Estrada wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am transferring a TRU64 cluster with oracle 10gR2 as an active/passive
> > (no RAC) service to a RHEL5 cluster using GFS. The oracle binaries and
> > data files are shared by the nodes in the TRU64 cluster. Can I use the
> > same approach in the Linux cluster using GFS? or the binaries are require
> > to be installed separately on each node?

You might also want to take a look at www.open-sharedroot.org. There you can
build a diskless sharedroot cluster much like the TRUCluster and as a
consequence have a sharedroot like with TRU64.
Regards Marc.
> You can do either.  You can share the binaries on GFS or install them
> per-node.
>
> -- Lon
>
> --
> Lon Hohberger - Software Engineer - Red Hat, Inc.

Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 452 3538-14
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
Registernummer: HRB 131682
USt.-Id.: DE209485962

Geschäftsführung: Marc Grimme, Mark Hlawatschek, Thomas Merz