[Linux-cluster] LVS+HA

James McOrmond jamesm at xandros.com
Mon Jun 4 21:33:05 UTC 2007

Satya Daragani wrote:
> Hi
>
> Actually i am using the shared storage but not SAN, IBM DS400 connected
> to both the nodes using fiber.

Uhmm, I think i'd consider that a SAN...

> So in that case hw can i use the cluster suite?

I would only setup the cluster suite to manage a shared GFS file system.
  Alternatively you could use OCFS2 since you're only doing disk storage.

LVS would be on your router system and would handle web server outages..

--
James A. McOrmond (jamesm at xandros.com)
Hardware QA Lead & Network Administrator